The Singapore Turf Club was founded in 1842 as the Singapore Sporting Club to operate the Serangoon Road Race Course at Farrer Park Field . It is today the only horse-racing club in Singapore and is part of the Malayan Racing Association (MRA), which also regulates the three Turf Clubs in Malaysia, the Selangor Turf Club, Penang Turf Club and Perak Turf Club. The Singapore Turf Club is the only authorised operator of horse racing, and totalisator (horse betting) services in Singapore. It is the agent and proprietary club of the Tote Board, Singapore, who manages and directs its donation of surplus funds for charitable purposes. The first race was held on 23 February 1843 when prize money on offer was only $150 . In 1924, the Club changed its name to the Singapore Turf Club.
The Club moved to Bukit Timah in 1933 before relocating to its present location at the Singapore Racecourse at Kranji in 1999. The racecourse is adjacent to Kranji MRT station.
1 Turf Club Avenue
The Kranji MRT station is located adjacent to the MRT Plaza entrance of the racecourse. MRT trains operate at regular intervals and the MRT network connects the racecourse to major areas of Singapore.
The taxi drop-off point is located within close proximity of the festival ground located nearby Car Park B.
Parking charges will be deducted upon entry using NETS CashCard or Autopass card only.
Please park at CAR PARK A (Multi-storied car park).
Vehicles parked outside designated areas will be clamped.
The following provides a summary of the parking charges:
SBS 160, 170, SMRT Bus 178, 925, 960 and 961 ply along Woodlands Road and stop in front of the Kranji MRT station.