What is Singapore's History? | Specialist Talk with Dr John Kwok
Singapore Art Museum, Glass Hall
Sat, Apr 14
Join Dr John Kwok, Research Fellow at RSiS, and former Assistant Director at the National Heritage Board as he presents a cross-disciplinary talk on archaeology and history. Conventionally, the narrative of Singapore’s history usually begins in 1819, the year when the British arrived to set up a settlement in Singapore. However, archaeological research, excavations, and cultural artefacts inform us that Singapore has a past that stretches well into the 14th century in what is now called the Temasek Period. What does this mean for historians studying Singapore’s past? This talk will examine the interplay between history and archaeology, and reinterprets our past using archaeological information.
Sat, Apr 14 at 2:00 PM
Doors Open Time: 1:30pm
Duration: Approx. 1.5 hours (including Q & A)
- Sat, Apr 14 at 2:00 PM
1. Admission to event/venue by full ticket only. Electronic tickets must be produced for admission.
2. Infants in arms and children under 12 years old are not allowed to event/venue.
3. Adults and children 12 years old and above will each require a ticket for admission.
4. Possession of a ticket does not reserve a specific seat position, unless otherwise stated n the ticket.
5. Photography might be taken by organisers for publicity purposes.
Exchange And Refund Policy
1. The Organiser/Venue Owner reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
2. Ticket holders assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and release the promoters, performers, sponsors, ticket outlets, venues and their employees from any liability thereafter.
3. The resale of ticket(s) in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited.
4. There is no refund, exchange, upgrade or cancellation once ticket(s) are sold.