NUS Arts Festival 2018: I Want To Go Home by Wesley Leon Aroozoo [Singapore|2017]
Ngee Ann Kongsi Auditorium, University Town, NUS
Fri, Sep 7
- Tickets Available Now
► This is a Free Seating event.
► Ticket Registration is required.
► Limited to only 4 tickets per transaction.
On March 11, 2011, Yasuo Takamatsu lost his wife in the tsunami that followed the Great East Japan earthquake. Since that fateful day, he has been diving in the sea every week in search for her. I Want To Go Home is the story of one man’s determination to reunite with his wife and fulfill her final wish.
A deep emotional connection to Takamatsu’s story sparked filmmaker Wesley Leon Aroozoo’s first foray into documentary filmmaking. There is a lyrical rhythm that emerges from his handheld approach, accompanying Takamatsu as he makes the perilous, desperate dives into the watery depths. With Aroozoo’s gentle direction, accompanied by Harry and Henry Zhuang’s gorgeously rendered animation, we see the delicate sadness and inexorable yearning that dwells with the loss of a loved one.
Fri, Sep 7 at 7:30 PM
Doors Open Time: 7:15pm
Duration: Approx. 1 hour
Language: Japanese with English subtitles (PG)
Post screening dialogue with filmmaker follows the screening.
- Fri, Sep 7 at 7:30 PM
1. Admission to event/venue by full ticket only. Electronic tickets must be produced for admission.
2. Infants in arms and children under 6 years old are not allowed to event/venue.
3. Adults and children 6 years old and above will each require a ticket for admission.
4. Possession of a ticket does not reserve a specific seat position, unless otherwise stated in the ticket.
5. No photography, videography or audio recording is allowed.
Exchange And Refund Policy
1. The Organiser/Venue Owner reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
2. Ticket holders assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and release the promoters, performers, sponsors, ticket outlets, venues and their employees from any liability thereafter.
3. The resale of ticket(s) in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited.
4. There is no refund, exchange, upgrade or cancellation once ticket(s) are sold.