NUS ARTS FESTIVAL 2018: Critical Conversations: Finding Our Voice
Wed, Aug 29
- Tickets Available Now
► This is a Free Seating event.
► Ticket Registration is required.
► Limited to only 4 tickets per transaction.
“I realised that all the books I enjoyed were about somewhere else, not my own hometown. I thought that we needed our own literature in order to know about ourselves.” - Goh Poh Seng
Join three local writers from different generations who have published poetry and plays exploring our identity as Singaporeans, in a dialogue exploring the journey to find our unique voice as one nation in the attempts to establish and define what ‘Singapore literature’ is and can be. Chaired by writer and arts entrepreneur Phan Ming Yen, the panel will also revisit some of Goh’s struggles as a writer in newly-minted Singapore that still echo among the new generation of writers today.
As part of the Centre For the Arts’ vision to nurture creative minds and inquiring spirits, the NUS Arts Festival presents Critical Conversations – a series of talks and panel discussions aimed at deepening the discourse and engagement with the themes raised during the festival.
Wed, Aug 29 at 7:30 PM
Doors Open Time: 7:00pm
Duration: Approx. 60-75 minutes
- Wed, Aug 29 at 7:30 PM
1. Admission to event/venue by full ticket only. Electronic tickets must be produced for admission.
2. Infants in arms and children under 6 years old are not allowed to event/venue.
3. Adults and children 6 years old and above will each require a ticket for admission.
4. Possession of a ticket does not reserve a specific seat position, unless otherwise stated in the ticket.
5. No photography, videography or audio recording is allowed.
Exchange And Refund Policy
1. The Organiser/Venue Owner reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
2. Ticket holders assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and release the promoters, performers, sponsors, ticket outlets, venues and their employees from any liability thereafter.
3. The resale of ticket(s) in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited.
4. There is no refund, exchange, upgrade or cancellation once ticket(s) are sold.